Now that you have received Jesus for the first time or have rededicated your life to Him, here are some important steps to help you grow in your relationship with Him.
Tell others of your experience with Jesus.
- Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.”
Read your Bible daily.
- Psalm 19:7-11 “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes… Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward.”
- 2 Timothy 3:16 -17 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Pray daily. Talk to God and listen for His answers.
- Luke 18:1 “Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.”
Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and pray in the Holy Spirit every day.
- Acts 2:4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
- Jude 20 “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.”
Attend church regularly.
- Acts 2:42 “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.” Be baptized in water.
- Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
Repent quickly when you sin.
- 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Spend time with other Christians that love Jesus.
- 1 John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Look for ways to serve God by helping people inside and outside of the church.
- Galatians 5:13-14 “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Begin to give financially into the work of the ministry through tithes and offerings.
- Malachi 3:10-12….”Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of Hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of Hosts.”
If you prayed to receive Jesus, contact us so that we can pray for your continued growth in Christ.